Welcome to my blog! This is a grade A blog, I got 86/100 for my portfolio from theexam board OCR

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Week One Production Log




Hey guys for today’s post I will be writing about our new coursework which is from British social realism film and also I will be evaluating past students work.

During this week in class we looked at the mark scheme and the exam brief that a preceding year were given, this was given to us to give an idea of what will be expecting form British social realism film trailer as well as to also look at past students work so we can start to interperate a idea from their work.

By evaluating people work it assess each other's contribution using a predetermined list of criteria. Grading is based on a predetermined process, but most commonly it is an average of the marks awarded by members of the group. This really gave me a good insight of how much marks are awarded for each of the given footage. The advantages of doing this Encourages me to reflect on my role and contribution to the process of the group Work and also it Focuses on the development of my judgment skills

Today’s objective of the lesson was to explore how Mise-en-scene is effectively used in British social realism films however firstly we looked at what  the definition is  for social realism films. Social realism is a film that focuses on issues that represents the modern society. This through different ideologies. Many themes that are used include money, drugs, class, religion and political views. These are very popular views, however were not always involved in early social realism storyline films. We then analysed the Mise-en-scene in British social realism. The word 'Place' is parted down.

  •          P = Production design - (sets, props and costumes.)
  •          L = Lighting - (Ambient / Artificial / Natural)
  •         A = Actors - (Performance)
  •          C = Colour design - (Through production)
  •          E = Era - (How is the time and place represented.)


All of these bullet points should be included in British social realism film. This will help me to achieve a higher grade if I add all of this bullet points in to my work and also this will help me to evaluate past students work. When we completed this we then analysed some pictures. This is one example which I analysed by myself.





Kidulthood- A low angled shot making the 3 violent boys look powerful and dangerous. It is also a point of view shot from the boy on the floor being beaten, showing the weak and defenceless position that he is in.





When we had completed the Mise-en-scene PowerPoint we then had to analyze some past student works. This includes:
  •        South paw
  •          Fast life
  •          Damaged goods
  •         Suffocation
  •          Bridges
  •          Drained
  •          Maze


When receiving the mark scheme I was very shocked as to how harsh they can be. This gave me a conscious attitude towards my work so that I can work harder and to achieve a higher level/mark. From the mark scheme I also gained knowledge of some extremely diminutive details which are important for British social realism film opening; such as the music, dialogue, credits, titles, all of these minor conventions must be presented accurately so this will give me awareness to include all of these convention correctly when I will be starting to produce my own 2 min trailer.  



Overall I made a great insight as to how to evaluate people works also by evaluating some people’s work I have been gaining alot of ideas as to what production I’m going to do.

By peer assessing peoples work It gave me some creative ideas as to what to do for my British 2 minute clip. I don’t want this to be stereotypical to other pass students work so will the mark scheme I’m going to try to figure out what creative idea I will get as an outcome. By evaluating peoples work it will also affect my production as I Felt that the examiner is pin pointing all of the right boxes of the marks scheme. When starting production I will make sure that I will always have the mark scheme and then starts ticking off boxes when I’m filming. This will give me self-confidence as I’m hitting for a higher grade. I think that the assessing evaluation has given me a positive attitude towards the unit due to the fact that I have many creative to produce and also  to do  and not when creating production.

No comments:

Post a Comment