Welcome to my blog! This is a grade A blog, I got 86/100 for my portfolio from theexam board OCR

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Week one: Planning for edit workshop (story board)

Hey everyone welcome to my blog, for today’s post I will be talking about this week’s year 12 A/S preliminary exercise “the encounter".

The encounter


For this week I was given a task in media to look at a piece called “The encounter”. This piece had to be our own creation on “The encounter”. We were given a short brief which told us how our final outcome should look like. The brief established a small storyline of how the whole footage should look like. The story board which the brief includes is “a character opens a door. Crosses a room and sits down in a chair opposite another character, with whom she/he then exchanges a couple of lines of dialogue”. The footage must include:
  • ü  A shot reverse shot, match on action,180 degree rule
  • ü  Try to create suspense/interests through the setting and performance of your actors
  • ü  Range of camera shots and angles
  • ü  Continuity-everything in the right place
  • ü  Film a wild cat sound track
  • ü  Avoid zooms or pans
  • ü  Film extra cutaways


During the week our teacher taught us some camera language and how to use it in the footage. This really helped me as I had many ideas of what I’m going to create for the small sequence.

As I’m a very creative person I thought of doing a horror footage about a girl called sally who is suffering from a life threatening disease, then later on sally made a deed with the devil for her sister’s soul and her child. Later on the interviewer interviews sally and she discovers something very deplorable. I gave this idea to my partner and she really liked the artistic idea as she said “this will really engage the horror audience as the narrative is really exiting and intense.” I was very pleased to hear that. I was thinking of filming the footage at our schools drama studio as the studio as a range of different lighting which therefore will look good on the footage as the different lightings will create suspense or thrills. The interviewer will be a girl and she will be dressed in a suite which is going to be black and white .I’m trying to create a professional look. Sally who is the antagonist is going to have a pale face and her hair is going to be all out and she is going to wear all white. We got our characters sorted out for the footage.I got this inspiration from the ring as the antagonist is going to wear the same style as my character.


When completed we had to complete a storyboard.I completed the whole storyboard because I wanted everything to link with each other and also to get the rights shots and camera movements in to the frames. This was my favourite task as I love to draw and annotate. Below you will see my storyboard.






Below , my partner also created her storyboard so i decided to put it both together so we will have the completed storyboard.the top story board is the final piece and the bottom is just a practice of the storyboard.









No comments:

Post a Comment